22.2.10

Roasted Broccoli

I find that most kids if they like broccoli prefer either the fluffy tops or the crunchier stems. When I was little I only liked the stems and I would gift the tops to my mom. Now I like the tops better, but I enjoy both. Here's my favorite way to prepare broccoli; it doesn't get much simpler than this. It's so simple, it's almost not worth writing up, but every time I make it people ask me how I did it.
Roasted Broccoli
Preheat oven to 425F

1 bunch broccoli
whole garlic cloves (optional)
olive oil, about 1-2 tablespoons
sea salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Cut broccoli into florets and peal outer layer of the stem and cut into similarly sized pieces
2. Toss with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic if using
3. Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Be sure to leave enough space between the pieces so that they get crisp, not steamed
4. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until just crispy and tender.

No comments: